Friday, June 20, 2014

12 months!

I know I said this in my last post, but that year just FLEW by! I can't believe my little peanut is ONE! Crazy, I tell you!! I think back about those first few weeks having her home, and how nuts they were, and it feels like just yesterday. (David coming to do trim upstairs, storms, Bili light, power outage, ugh!) But then again we can't even remember what life was like without her.

Paige is full of personality, just like Levi is. She is sassy, independent, feisty, I could go on and on. She's just a peanut. People always think it's hilarious that she's walking already since she's so little.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -William Shakespeare


Paige, at 12 months old::

- Weighs 18 lbs 11 oz (32%).

- Is 29.5 inches tall (60%)

- In size 12 month clothes.

- Size 4 diapers.

- FINALLY felt just this morning that her THIRD tooth came through. BARELY. So probably not technically supposed to be on this post, but oh well. It is one of her top middle ones, left I think. She doesn't let me get a good look.

- She's a mover. NON. STOP. ALL. OVER. She loves to climb, Heaven help us. The other day she fell down the stairs. All the way down. I missed getting to her by about two steps so I watched the whole thing while running down the stairs trying to get to her. Not fun watching your kid roll down the stairs like a log. BUT, she was fine. Scared her (and me!) more than anything. I didn't even notice any bruises, surprisingly. And it hasn't deterred her from going up the stairs or trying to go back down one bit.

- Sleeping pretty good lately for the most part. She usually sleeps all night and then wakes up around 5:00-5:30, then I bring her to bed by me and Paul will bring a bottle up for her since he usually gets up around that time anyway.

- Down to one nap unless we are in the car. She usually gets tired around noon, sometimes before.

- Still a pretty light eater. Some days she'll eat a lot, and others not so much.

- She is on whole milk now. Still having 2-3 bottles a day. We will be working on weaning off of the bottles pretty quick, hopefully by 15 months.

- She's always making some sort of noise. As Levi says, she "waddle talks". Ha! Not sure where he came up with that, but it's cute. She is constantly jabbering. There will be no silence in this house once she learns to (in Levi's terms) "real talk!" :)

- She signs for more.

- Nods yes or shakes her head for no when I ask her if she wants something or point to something.

- What is it with our kids and wanting to be IN the fridge? She stands by the fridge and points at it until I pick her up and open the door, then she wants to stand in there and decide what she needs. Levi does the same thing, only he can open to door by himself, ugh.

- Speaking of pointing, she started pointing with one finger now, instead of two. For awhile she would point and she'd be making a peace sign. She points where she wants me to take her when I'm holding her, or if there's something she wants she will point to it.

- She loves the water! I'm looking forward to taking her to the pool and the spray park this summer!

- Also looooves being outside. She's definitely not a girly girl (yet!). She'd sit and play in the dirt and mud if I'd let her.





No comments:

Post a Comment