Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In

So, I guess you could say I am back at it. Losing this darn baby-weight, that is. Before I got pregnant with Paige, I was making pretty good progress and was getting close to my goal weight. I was doing Weight Watchers and I had started running. Actually starting to enjoy it too, something I never thought I would say. For most of my pregnancy I felt like I was doing good, not gaining too terrible much and feeling pretty confident. Then came the last trimester. And all I wanted was ice cream and chocolate. I ended up gaining about 35 lbs, which isn't bad. But I was sort of hoping that it would be easier to lose this time around. You know, just disappear. Welp, I was wrong. So very wrong.

What I didn't realize was that after a second baby, things would be, um, positioned, differently. I don't know if that is the word I am looking for, but basically my body is just different than it was after I had Levi. Let's just say muffin top is a problem. Moving on... I was also hoping that my second baby would be laid-back and easy-going, and I would be able to actually get something done around the house. HA! I love my kiddos more than anything and wouldn't change them for the world, but some days I feel like I am never going to catch up on anything, much less take time to worry about myself. After spending the day changing, chasing, feeding, playing, and picking up the entire box of legos just for Levi to dump them out again....I am tired and just sitting on the couch for a bit is nice. Knowing that I would get a full night's sleep would also be a plus, but we're not quite there. Hopefully soon.

I also have a hard time keeping motivated until I start to see results. I am realizing more and more that I am an instant satisfaction type of person. If something doesn't work out like I am expecting it to right away, I get frustrated and usually give up. So keeping accountable to only myself was not going to work. When I saw that our town was having a Biggest Loser Contest, I decided to join in. It cost $25 to participate, and if you win you get a cash prize. I am not terribly worried if I win or not, I just want to have something to keep my motivated and accountable. The first weigh in was on Tuesday. I am hoping from here on out I can get an update up on Tuesday or Wednesday, but we'll see how it goes. I think I'm going to sort of follow the same format I did when I started updates before I was pregnant. So, here goes I guess.

Tuesday, January 15, 2014
Starting weight: 163.2

What I did well this week
- I am trying really hard not to snack or graze too much. That is a big downfall for me.
- Didn't buy anything sweet when I got groceries and didn't bake anything this week. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it! Sweets are my other downfall.

What I did not do well this week
- I haven't started working out yet. I decided to try TurboFire, and it just came in the mail yesterday, so hoping to get started on that soon. I will keep you posted on how that goes.
- Not tracking my calories. Some days I try, and I get past lunch and that's the end of that. For some reason Weight Watchers points were easier to track than calories for me. I am mainly trying to just eat cleaner at this point.

Goals for the coming week
-  Start working out.
- Continue to watch what I am eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment