Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas 2014 | A few pics

Only a couple weeks behind with these! But I still wanted to share just a few highlights from Christmas. It seems like the holidays just flew by this year. I didn't get as many pictures as I normally do, mostly because I had two kids to wrangle instead of just one. And also because my camera battery died for one of our celebrations and I had the wrong charger along. Womp, womp.

But in all reality, I'm glad that I wasn't so worried about getting a ton of pictures, because I was able to focus on being with my kids and our family, and just enjoy the time with them instead of being behind a camera lens the entire time.

The weekend before Christmas day, we celebrated with my mom's side of the family. Saturday was our whole family at the farm, and Sunday was with just my parents, my sister and her family, and us. We dressed the kiddos up for church so when we got home we attempted to get a picture of them together in front of the tree. I would call this a success! All three looking in the same direction? Perfect! They are pretty dang cute, if I do say so myself. Levi loves his two girls!

Christmas Eve we went to church and then came home and let the kids open their presents from us after supper. My attempt at a picture of them alone was not working, but Paul snapped one of me with them since he was not willing to try and get a family one using the timer. (Yes, I had two Christmas dresses for Paige. I got one on sale so I couldn't resist!!)
After we opened gifts, the kids got their jammies on and we set out some cookies and milk for Santa. (I got a super cute, personalized plate for them to put the cookies on but forgot to snap a picture of it! I did take one using Instagram, so you might be able to see it if you click on one of the pictures in the side and go to my account.) We also laid stockings out so they were ready, too!

She's cute and she knows it.
Christmas morning, and Santa came! Levi was most intrigued that Santa ate his cookies and milk! To this day, if someone asks if Santa came to his house, he'll say, "He eat all the cookies! And the milk!" Haha, cutie. He loved his gifts, and had fun helping Paige open her gifts too. Once we finished up, we got everything ready and went up to Annandale to spend Christmas day with my dad's side of the family.
The weekend after Christmas, we celebrated with Paul's family. I didn't get any decent pics from that afternoon, though. I was busy trying to keep Paige away from all the loose paper, and his mom and dad's house is pretty small so I didn't have any good angles anyway. The kids all loved their gifts from everyone, and we had a fun time!

All in all, we are very blessed to have such wonderful families to spend our holiday with. Although it gets a bit tiring at times always being on the go with the kids during this time, I am thankful that we have families that love us as much as we love them, and I love spending time with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment