Friday, September 13, 2013

Lunch faves

Lunch is my favorite meal. Mainly because I am able to make things that I know Paul wouldn't like. I love to try out new recipes. Paul? Not so much. He likes his same 'ol favorites most of the time. He has widened his horizons quite a bit since we got married, so I can't complain much. Once in a while I find something to add to the regular rotation. :)

I usually try to make my lunches somewhat healthy, and if it's quick, even better. I'll admit, most of the lunch ideas I get come from Pinterest. Obviously, right? :) So with that in mind, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites that are quick and healthy. These are all things that I have made more than once, and will make again.


Turkey Avocado Hummus Wrap
This is one of my favorites. It's a combination I never would have thought of on my own, but I love it. Iowa Girl Eats has so many great recipes, I highly recommend checking out her site. Lots of fresh ingredients, and best of all, they are easy recipes too.


Avocado Egg Salad
Egg salad in general is one of my main go-to lunches. I especially love this avocado egg salad, since I am slightly obsessed with avocados lately!

Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Wraps
These wraps are a little bit more work, but not much, and totally worth it! I find a lot of recipes on Our Best Bites. Yum!

Avocado Tomato Pita
I just tried this one for the first time a few weeks ago, and made it again the next day. Super easy, and a great way to use tomatoes from the garden!

BLT Lettuce Wraps
Ok, this one I have only made once, but I plan on making it again. Great if you are watching carbs. It's another one from Skinny Taste, lots of healthy lunch ideas over there, too.

I have lots more lunch ideas that I want to try pinned on Pinterest. If you want to check them out, go to my Lunch ideas/Sandwiches board, or my Skinny meals board. I'm also linking this post up with Skinny Meg. Check her out!

Happy lunching! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment