Monday, July 29, 2013

Katie & Aubrey's baby shower

Yesterday afternoon we threw a baby shower for my sister and Aubrey. I had a lot of fun planning it, and am happy to say that it went really well! I got a little frazzled with everyone asking what they could do to help, I appreciated it all but I am not good at giving out orders! There was a wonderful turn out of family and friends of both Katie and Josh, and they got a ton of great gifts!

I didn't manage to get any pictures of the decorations before the guests started coming, so what I did get were from afterwards. Most of the ideas came from Pinterest, and I just put my own spin on them and combined a bunch of the ideas.

This was the whole serving area, it's kind of distracting with the kitchen in the back, but you get the idea. I made the banner with my Silhouette, and the diaper cake I purchased. The ribbon chandelier idea came from HERE, along with the idea to put the paper plates and napkins in the wooden box. I used THIS idea to serve the snack mix, and the recipe we used is from HERE. I found the punch recipe HERE. The cookie dough truffles came from Bakerella. And THIS pin was my color and centerpiece inpspiration.
Here are a few close-ups. Instead of a guestbook, I had guests take a card (from the Project Life Baby Edition for Her that I bought Katie for a gift) to write a note on and sign. I also had guests write their addresses on an envelope for easy thank-you's for Katie.
The guests of honor and I.
Us with our girls.
Four generations. My grandma, Katie & Aubrey, Me & Paige, and my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment