Thursday, June 6, 2013

Truths

So, this is probably going to be an extremely random post. Just a warning.

Truths::

I seriously regret cutting my hair this short. I will never learn.

It's ok if I let my two year old have hotdogs for lunch 4 out of 7 days of the week because that is all he requests.

I am so ready to NOT be pregnant anymore, but I am scared to death of having two kids at home. Sometimes I wonder if we are crazy....a [stubborn, strong-willed, active] two year old and a newborn? It will be a rough couple of first weeks I'm afraid...for all of us.

It's ok if I look forward to nap-time and bedtime every day.

It's ok if Levi watches too much tv some days. Cruddy weather + mommy 9 months pregnant + daddy in the field = Nick Jr.

I never thought I would say this, but I am looking forward to getting back into running and eating better. Turns out that when I put a little effort in, I actually saw some results. And hopefully I will see them again someday.

I somehow have managed to get a stain on almost half of my maternity shirts. And most of the time I don't even know how they got there or where they came from. I guess that's what happens when your belly sticks out way in front of you.

I swear that just because it is harder for me to bend over and pick things up, I drop things twice as much as normal. Which was quite a bit in the first place because I am a klutz.

I don't know why I even try to paint my fingernails, because it never lasts longer than an hour, no matter how careful I am. I am thinking about trying out gel nails just to see how long they would last for me.

I am a scrapbooking supply hoarder. I love getting all the cute new products because they are all so pretty and adorable!! But then because they are so pretty, I resist using them because I don't want to waste them. Dur! I have been trying to make an effort to actually USE all of the fun new things I get along with the things I've been saving (hoarding) for a long time. And I'm also trying to get rid of a few things that I won't use along the way.

I love making smoothies for Levi and myself (especially the green ones since they add lots of vitamins from the spinach and he actually loves them!), but seriously, I get so frustrated with our blender that I hardly ever make them. We just got it less than a year ago, and I thought I was getting a decent one...the reviews weren't terrible and it cost a little more than I was initially planning on spending on it...but SURPRISE, it's still not great. At least not for smoothies. I try to add plenty of liquid, but I still have to stop and stir it every 3 seconds because the blade spins a bubble over it and pushes everything up, if that makes sense. Very annoying. But I don't think I can justify getting a Blendtec or whatever for like $400 either....ummm, yeah, probably not. Ok, blender rant over.

Some people's driving skills suck. I mean COME ON PEOPLE. It only takes one trip out of my little rural comfort zone to remember why I don't live in a bigger city. I like my county highways and gravel roads. But I also like shopping, so I'll brave it......

I am beginning to forget what the sun looks like. And what anything higher than 66 degrees feels like. Is it really June? Did someone forget to give mother nature the memo that it's supposed to be WARM in the summer?

Only Levi can have me so extremely frustrated that I feel like I might burst because he is being such a stinker, then turn around and do something so goofy that I completely forget what I was so mad about in the first place. Oh, how I love that little boy!

I'm not completely sure what this post turned into, but I think I'm done now.   :)

39 week pregnancy update will be coming tomorrow sometime, once I snap a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment