Friday, March 16, 2012

High Five for Friday

Ok, just realized I never posted this about Levi's ENT appt. last week! I wrote it up, but forgot to finish my five for Friday and never posted it. So the first paragraph was written last week, but I updated my five for this week! :)

We had his ENT appt. today (last Friday). The dr. said that because of how many ear infections he has had, he would benefit from tubes, but it was still our decision. She said that tubes are just a way to make the child more comfortable until they outgrow it and their ear tubes widen, instead of having them on the antibiotics so much longer. So we decided to go that route. Everyone that I've talked to that has had their kids get them say they would do it again in a heartbeat and they made a big difference. So I hope the same will be true for Levi. His surgery is scheduled for March 27th, 2 weeks from Tuesday. I am worried that he will get another infection between now and then, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Back to my high five for Friday!

1. Loving the gorgeous weather we are having lately! It's been great to be able to take Levi outside and enjoy the fresh air!

 2. I put a few Easter decorations up. I've never put any up before, but one of the things I love about those glass tealight holders is that you can easily change what is in there for the season. Makes the house look a little more festive. Hehe. (By the way, I got those from my sister-in-law who sells Gold Canyon candles. They are AWESOME!! Lots of great scents and fun decor. Actually, a lot of what is on that shelf I got from her. :)
3. I got to baby-sit my niece and nephew. 2 out of the 3! Our oldest niece is in 1st grade, and they had a fundraiser at her school that she and my sister- and brother-in-law needed to work at, so I got to babysit the younger 2 for a few hours. It was fun! Levi wasn't sure what to think of them being at his house though. He got used to it pretty quick though. Made me realize that I am NOT ready for another baby yet! Lol.


4. We are taking new member classes at our church. Well, soon to be our church. We've been attending the church that Paul's dad goes to, where Levi was baptised, and we decided to join. We've been enjoying the classes, and have been learning a lot. I am looking forward to being part of a church family again.

5. Mexican food! One of my girlfriends turned 30 this week, and we went out to a little Mexican place in Benson to celebrate. Mi Mexico has awesome food and I love it when I have an excuse to go. Paul is afraid to eat anything there, fearing his stomach will not agree with him, but I think he'd be pleasantly surprised at how many different options there are. I think I could just eat the chips and salsa all night and be happy! :) It was fun to spend some time with the girls too!

Linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk!
From My Grey Desk

No comments:

Post a Comment