Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ear tubes

Well, Levi got his tubes put in this morning. It went just as fast as everyone had told us it would. Seriously, like 10 minutes and they were out saying he was all done. We still had to wait another 15 or so minutes until he woke up from the anesthesia, but still very quick. Everything went great the dr. said. The hardest part of the morning was the drive home. After we were ok'd to leave, I sat in the back seat with Levi so I could feed him some snacks since he was hungry. After he ate what he wanted, he wanted nothing but to be out of the car seat and for me to be holding him. Poor thing, I wanted to take him out so bad, but obviously I couldn't do that. He was SO tired, but just wouldn't let himself fall asleep. So most of the drive home he was whining or crying. Once we finally got home, I thought he would want to rock and take a nap. Nuh-uh. Crawled off my lap and went and played with his toys. Little stinker, momma didn't even get any cuddle time! :) He then proceeded to fall and bonk his head on the floor, so I had a moment of worry until Paul told me to calm down. Anyways, I fed him an early lunch, and by then he could barely keep his eyes open, so he was ready for a nap. All in all, he is pretty much back to his normal self. I am anxious to see how he sleeps tonight. As long as these tubes keep the ear infections away, for the most part, they will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment