Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken Supreme

I have made this dish a few times, and we really love it. It's another recipe from one of the local church cookbooks. Love those church cookbooks!! There are actually several variations of this recipe in that particular book, and this is the one I have used. Most of the time I end up putting the chicken in frozen, and it's always done after the 50-60 minutes. I do use somewhat thin breasts though, so if yours are very thick it might take a bit longer. You can use any type of cheese, really. I really like this with swiss cheese, and I recently made it with some havarti that I had leftover from something else that was delish too! But you can use cheddar, mozzarella or American too! If using American slices, put 2 slices on each breast. The stuffing mix I use is Stovetop, and I use the whole box instead of just half and I like how it turns out that way. One last thing I do differently, I use milk to dilute the soup and I just add until I like the consistency. It usually ends up to be more than half a cup. Please excuse the horrible picture, it was kind of an after thought!

Chicken Supreme

4 to 6 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. shredded cheese
1/2 box stuffing mix
1/4 c. butter, melted (optional)

In a greased 9x13-inch pan, place chicken breasts. Dilute cream of chicken soup with 1/2 cup water. Pour over chicken breasts. Next, sprinkle cheese and the stuffing mix. Last, take the melted butter if using and drizzle over the top. No need to cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment