Sunday, August 7, 2011

sleeeeeeep!

After the last couple weeks, everyone in this house needs some of that. Especially me and Levi. He is still waking up every few hours. Usually it goes like this... jammies/change diaper, read a story, feed/rock to sleep, put him in his crib, sleeps 3-3.5 hours, then wakes up (well, he doesn't actually open his eyes all the time, just whines/fusses) so I usually feed him, then sleeps another 2 hours, wakes up, I go in and give him his pacifier, and from then on I end up going in to give him his pacifier every 15-20 minutes, and he usually ends up coming to lay in bed by me for an hour or two.

Being that his is almost 4 months old, it just seems like he should be sleeping more. All night ideally. Ha. He doesn't nap that well either, so that worries me a little too. His 4 month check-up isn't until the 30th, so I'm not sure what to do. He was doing so well for awhile, then all of a sudden he just has been going backwards.

I checked out a few books from the library and both of them seem to have the same technique: let them cry. Well, that is the basic idea. What they say to do is go in and check on him in progressively longer intervals until they fall asleep on their own.

Well, last night when Levi woke up at 11:30, I fed him like normal, then he woke up again at 2:00 and we decided to see if he would put himself back to sleep if we let him fuss a little. An hour later, after checking on him after every few minutes, he finally fell asleep when I gave him his pacifier. Then only slept for another hour. Ugh! It was really hard to let him cry and I don't think I could have if Paul wasn't there with me.

I know we'll have to just do it eventually, but I wonder if he is too young yet, and I don't want him to be hungry if I don't feed him, and so on and so forth. I guess I just need an ok from his dr. or something that he is the right age, etc. I keep hoping he'll sleep better on his own, but I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment